How to Consign Your Designer Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories at Garb
In order to best serve our consignors we have made the consignment process at Garb very comfortable and efficient. If you would like to consign upscale designer apparel at our boutique please take a few moments to read how the consignment process works here at Garb.
Booking a Consignment Appointment
At Garb we strive in making the consignment process as simple and efficient for you as possible. There are three ways you can consign your designer upscale clothing and apparel at Garb:
- In-Store Appointment - All consignors should book an apoointment to consign.
- We love getting to know our consignors and want to make sure that you and your items are catered to in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
- By booking an appointment, we can assure that all of your items can be given the proper amount of attention they deserve.
- In-House Appointment - If it is more convenient for you, or you simply need some help in choosing the items you would like to
consign, we'd love to be invited into your closet!
- For an in-house appointment, we come to your home and help you determine what clothing, shoes, or accessories you'd like to consign.
- We ask that you book an in-house appointment only if you have more than ten items to consign.
- In-house appointments are typically scheduled outside of normal shop hours.
- Walk-Ins - In order to stagger consignment appointments we are currently not taking walk-ins.
Preparing Your Items for Consignment
- All gently-worn articles of clothing must be freshly laundered or dry-cleaned. Items should be wrinkle-free, freshly pressed, and either hung on hangers (preferably in garment bags) or neatly folded. All hangers and garment bags will be returned to you.
- Leave any dry-cleaning tags on.
- Clothing & apparel must be free of any stains, odours, discolouring, and noticeable signs of wear. Before your appointment make sure to thoroughly examine your clothing. Common reasons we must refuse items are due to deodorant stains, tiny holes, and unraveling seams.
- Clothing labels must be securely attached to each piece.
- We only accept items that are in pristine condition. Please make sure you check that your garments have no missing buttons, that all zippers work, that no hems are coming undone, that there are no holes in pockets, etc. We will also be examining your clothes for these possible problems as well during your appointment.
- Leave price tags on unworn items. We may be able to sell them for you at a higher price point.
Bringing Your Items to Garb
- All items should be brought in garment or dry-cleaning bags on hangers, or neatly folded in a flat-bottom shopping bag. For larger consignments, plastic totes and containers are also acceptable. All items used to transport your upscale apparel will be returned to you.
- We will not accept any items brought in garbage bags or grocery bags. We are not a thrift store.
During Your Appointment
- During your appointment at Garb, we will go through and thoroughly examine every article of clothing or apparel you have brought to our shop.
- Our staff is very knowledgeable in both current and classic trends. Please trust in our judgement as to what will sell. This is not a reflection on your sense of style, but rather we know what our clientele is expecting and looking to purchase when shopping at our boutique.
- At the end of the appointment, you will be given instructions on how to review the status of all items you are consigning at our store.
- As the consignor, you receive 50% of the selling price for each of your items sold.
- All payments for the previous month's sales can be picked up at Garb on or after the 15th day of the following month. No exceptions. This means, for example, if one of the items from your consignment sells in July, then you can collect your payment for that item on or after the 15th of August.
- For your convenience, you will be able to view the status of your items and review your account online.
- All items consigned at Garb are displayed prominently in our showroom for a maximum of 90 days.
- For luxury bags and certain highly desirable items the time period is doubled.
- If it is the case that after 90 days your item has not been purchased, we will contact you and let you know that you can pick your item up at our store. If you have not picked up your unsold item 1 week after being contacted, then your item becomes the property of Garb and we will see that your item is still put to a useful purpose.